Iowa City Weddings
When planning your Iowa City wedding with us, you are able to choose from one of our chef's elegant menus or work with your dedicated wedding specialist to create a custom package to fulfill each of your specific desires. Whether it is a delectable buffet or a five-course plated dinner, our customized wedding menus are hand selected to fit with your style and budget.
Our standard wedding packages include:
- Private menu sampling (for up to six people)
- Suite or Club Level room upgrade on the reception night
- Late-night champagne and strawberries for the bride and groom, with breakfast in bed the next morning
- Votive candles and mirror tiles
- Choice of white, cream or black linens
- Gift attendant service
- No split menu fee for up to four entrée choices
- No cake cutting service charge
- Personalized wedding webpage
- Service staff including servers, bartenders, event captain and setup/tear-down service
- Dance floor
- Head table and risers
- And more!
Conveniently located in downtown Iowa City, we are also a perennially popular destination for your guests. The Sheraton Iowa City is adjacent to the University of Iowa and the downtown Pedestrian Mall with a wide array of shops, restaurants and other local attractions. After the reception, we invite you to join us at Share Wine Lounge & Small Plate Bistro featuring a menu designed to connect with the seasons and complement our extensive wine selection. We encourage you to share, sample and explore a variety of cuisines.
Same Sex Commitment Ceremonies
We embrace Iowa's diverse population and lifestyles and welcome gay and lesbian commitment ceremonies. With a beautiful backdrop, our hotel is the perfect location to officiate a commitment ceremony to your loved one.
In addition, we also offer the following:
- Outdoor weddings
- Kosher weddings
- Hindu or Indian weddings
- Vow Renewal celebrations
- Military weddings
- Traditional Asian-culture weddings